Please note: The Red Cross has replaced the former CPR-HCP (Health Care Provider) with the enhanced Basic Life Support course (BLS)
Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills and provide the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation. Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy can also be added as additional certifications to this course.
Who is this course for?
In-facility care providers, including nursing staff, care aides, medical and dental professionals. Pre-hospital care providers, which may include professionals in a fire service, rescue team, sports-medicine, lifeguards and ski patrol.
Level C content:
- Jaw thrust
- Pulse check
- Rescue breathing—adult, child, and baby
- BVM—adult, child, and baby
- Two-rescuer CPR—adult, child, baby
- cardiovascular and respiratory emergencies
- Stand-alone course – 4 hours
- With Airway Management – 5 hours
- With Oxygen Therapy – 5 hours
- With Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy – 6 hours